I’ve just been nominated for a Leibster award by the most excellent Caroline at The Novel Project Chronicles.
*gush* So, I’d like to thank my family for being so supportive and my fans for being…oh, wait, what? This isn’t an Oscar nomination. That’s awkward.
The award is designed to help readers discover new blogs and to share the blogging love around the interweb.
The rules are as follows:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions set by your nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers (you can’t nominate the person who nominated you)
- Set 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let your nominees know you’ve nominated them.
So, here goes:
11 Facts about Me – I’ll try to make them mostly bookish, but I love carbs almost as much as I love books, so no list about me would be complete without some food in it:
- Books on sale are my kryptonite; I am powerless before them.
- I’ve read The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons more times than I care to admit.
- I cried (ok, sobbed) in the most recent Star Trek movie. Chris Pine in pain is something no woman should ever have to see.
- I read all of the Twilight and 50 Shades books (ok, this is starting to look more like a confession than a fact-finding mission).
- I survived an Edinburgh winter with only Birkenstocks for footwear.
- People that don’t read are a mystery to me (which is pretty funny since my brother’s ‘thing’ is that he has never read a book from cover to cover, and my boyfriend only reads when the internet goes out).
- I wish I was ballsy enough to have pink hair like Laini Taylor.
- I’ve never read a Stephen King book because I’m too scared. Five minutes of the movie It scarred me for life.
- I’m a Brisbane girl, born and (b)read (see what I did there?). I’ve done a fair bit of travelling and living elsewhere but I always find myself back here. I love my little city.
- As much as I love/am addicted to/am obsessed with books, I also have a real problem with carbs. Bread is my crack.
- I’d rather be reading. Fact.
Now to the questions:
- Do you have a favourite book genre?
I’d say the majority of what I read is literary fiction – that’s the genre I usually gravitate towards. But I read a lot of YA and fantasy, as well as some romance. I really love most genres, although I’m a massive scaredy cat so I try and stay away from crime and horror.
- Why did you start blogging?
It’s something I had been thinking about doing for a while, but I only recently got my shiz together to make it happen. I love books and I have always thrown around the idea of being a writer of some sort, so this is my attempt to combine the two.
- What is your favourite movie?
As if I can name just one – I’ll give you my top 5, but that’s as specific as I can get. Wedding Crashers (don’t judge me – I like my comedies lowbrow), About a Boy, Clueless, Goonies, The Sound of Music.
- If you could eat only one type of meal for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
Some combination of bacon, avocado and bread – as long as I have those three things I’m happy (a world without bacon is just not worth it).
- Did you have a favourite subject in school/college?
- If you could live inside one TV show, movie or book which one would you choose?
This is a great question!! I’d say Parks and Recreation – I want, no I NEED, Lesley Knope in my life – or The Eyre Affair, because then I could just ‘jump’ into any novel I like. Or maybe the First Tuesday Book Club, so I can spend my life talking about books with Jennifer Byrne and Marieke Hardy.
- Do you like to have snacks with you when watching movies or reading?
I’m terrible when I’m reading in that I will mindlessly eat truckloads of utter crap and not even realise I’m doing it, so I’ve had to enforce a blanket ban on eating when I’m reading.
- Can you play a musical instrument?
- Describe your perfect day.
It would involve lots of reading time (shock horror), preferably on the beach so my reading breaks could be filled with swimming. I’d also add some bread and bacon and pizza and cider, as well as sunshine, my friends, family and boyfriend, maybe a BBQ and end it all with an epic dancefloor session with some seriously tragic tunes.
- What one thing do you wish would be invented?
I want some way to stop the clock so I can read more.
- What is your tipple of choice?
Cider or bubbles, but any port in a storm really.
Ok, now to my (obligation free) nominations – sorry if you have been here, done this already. I’m pretty new to this blogging game, so I have only listed a few – these are just some of the ones I have been enjoying reading (and getting tips from!). It was sometimes hard to see how many followers blogs had, so apologies if I have undersold you by saying you have less than 200.
And here are my questions:
- What book(s) makes you laugh?
- Do you have a special reading place?
- What were the last three books you read?
- Do you see movie adaptations of books you loved?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- E-books or paper?
- Which writers inspire you?
- If you had to choose between never being able to listen to music again or never being able to watch another movie, which would you choose?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- Sweet or savoury?
- Caffeine or alcohol?
That is all.
Categories: Book life