Seeing as I didn’t get through all of my TBR pile in 2014, I envisage 2015 including much of the same. So, in the interests of staying true to my book-acquisition-limiting exercise (note the lack of the word ‘ban’…limiting gives my complete lack of self-control a little breathing space), I’m going to list five books I hope get picked out of the lucky dip next. But also five books that I will almost certainly be buying next year (because, no self control).
Books from my TBR pile:
- All That Is by James Salter – every time I visit the lucky dip I’m hoping like hell that this one will get chosen – maybe 2015 will be mine and James’s year
- The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell – this book was final straw on any sort of book buying ban I might have been engaging in – no way was I denying myself this.
- Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi – similar to the James Salter book, I’m getting very impatient to read this one.
- Half of a Yellow Sun byChimamanda Ngozi Adichie – 2014 has been a real Adichie kind of year for me and she hasn’t let me down yet, so I’m looking forward to more of the same.
- After America by John Birmingham – I want to read this while the first book in the series is still fresh in my mind.
Books I’m going rogue for:
- Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel – everyone is talking about this and I’m sick of being out of the loop.
- Ms Marvel by G. Willow Wilson – this one is on my Christmas list, but if Santa doesn’t take care of it, I’ll definitely be sorting myself out – it will also be my first proper foray into graphic novels.
- Lila by Marilynne Robinson – this one is a definite, as I have just very selflessly bought it for mum for Christmas, so I’ll be expecting to see that back early in the year. Mum will need to discuss with it someone, so it’s the least I can do.
- Never Judge a Lady by her Cover by Sarah Maclean – I’m definitely going to be buying MacLean’s glorious (I hope) conclusion to her Rules of Scoundrels series.
- 10:04 by Ben Lerner – I got this in a Buzzfeed book quiz, so who am I to argue?
What books are you looking forward to?
Categories: Book life