Holidays are finally here, and I am so ready to get in to some serious holiday reading, of the not so serious kind. I’m not usually one for changing the type of books I read according to the season or time of year, with the exception of avoiding anything too heavy (both physically and emotionally) when I’m flying somewhere. But this holiday I’m really looking forward to some light reads – nothing too ‘literary’, nothing too dark, heavy or disturbing and definitely nothing too challenging (I’m sorry A Girl is a Half-formed Thing – you’ll have to wait until next year). I’ve got some (hopefully) cracking reads lined up:
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (thanks to my most wonderful Secret Santa!)
- Swamplandia by Karen Russell
- Ms Marvel by G. Willow Wilson (provided Santa comes good with his promises)
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler (I almost put my back out nudging this to boyfriend when we were Christmas shopping, so let’s hope he took the hint)
- Cress by Marissa Meyer.
Well, they should keep me going for a few days. What are you hoping to read over the Christmas period?
Categories: Book life