This week’s Broke and Bookish Top Ten Tuesday is the ten books I will probably never read, but because I’m lazy and time-poor (the Avengers movie is calling my name), I’m only going to list five.
Now I’m usually not one to say never, so the probably in the title is very poignant for this list. Who knows what the future may bring…
- The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown: I have heard this described by a trustworthy source as the single worst book ever written, except I loved The Da Vinci Code so…never say never
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert: this is just really not my scene, but Gilbert’s TED talk was fantastic so…never say never
- It by Stephen King: I am a massive scaredy-cat when it comes to horror, but I really like Stephen King and if I was ever going to broaden my horizons to horror it would be with a book by the horror king (pun intended) so…never say never
- Dear John by Nicholas Sparks: the movie has Channing Tatum in it, why would I waste my time on the book? Although, I guess now that I’ve seen the movie, I could read it and spend the whole time thinking about Channing so…never say never
- Pretty much anything by Jodi Piccoult: I read My Sister’s Keeper and hated it. I also heard somewhere that she doesn’t even write her own books anymore, she just puts her name to it, which bugs the hell out of me so…actually I will say never on this one.
What books are on your list?
Categories: Book life