This week’s Broke and Bookish Top Ten Tuesday is those books guaranteed to give you a laugh. I actually thought this would be a hard list to fill because I wouldn’t consider myself to be a fan of ‘humour’ book as such, and I’m not a massive reader of memoirs, which is where I find a lot of humour resides – real life is often funnier than anything we can make up. However, when I started thinking about it, I have read tonnes of books that made me giggle, some even belly-laugh.
- Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler
- Paddle Your Own Canoe by Nick Offerman
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Byrson
- Australia by Bill Bryson (I could probably fill this list with Bryson books, so I’m showing some restraint by only listing my two favourites)
- Perfect Skin by Nick Earls
- This Charming Man by Marian Keyes
- He Died with a Felafel in his Hands by John Birmingham
- The Fry Chronicles by Stephen Fry
- Modern Love by Aziz Ansari
What books make you laugh?
Categories: Book life