This week’s Broke and Bookish Top Ten Tuesday is all about Halloween and scary books, of which I have read, ummm, let me think. NONE! I absolutely hate anything scary – books, movies, everything. I still have nightmares from the few scary movies I have seen and I avoid horror and crime at all costs. However, I don’t want to be such a scaredy cat – part of me really wants to be able to read scary books, so this week I have put together a list of the books I would read if I wasn’t so weak!
- Misery by Stephen King
- American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
- Broken Monsters by Lauren Beukes
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielewski
- Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist
- The Shining by Stephen King (and, let’s face it, pretty much everything this guy has ever written)
- The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
- World War Z by Max Brooks
Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
What are some of your favourite scary books – or do I not want to know???
Categories: Book life